Renew a Licence
Prior to making a renewal application, all operators should consult the Authority’s Guidelines.
Applications for renewal of a licence must be submitted to the Authority at least 42 days / 6 weeks before the expiry date on the licence.
Only Regular, Specific Targeted or Demand Responsive Licence categories can be renewed.
If the public bus passenger service is not operating exactly as Licensed, an amendment application must be submitted at least 10 weeks prior to the expiry date on the Licence.
As per section 16(3) of the Public Transport Regulation Act 2009, the Authority may refuse to renew a licence if there have been repeated minor breaches, one or more serious breaches of the conditions of the licence, or if the licence holder has been convicted of an offence related to the provision of bus services under the PTR Act 2009 or other relevant legislation.
If an application for a renewal is not made in full compliance with the above requirements, the Authority will notify the licence holder of a final date for receipt of the completed renewal application. The Authority will not consider the application for renewal if the full application is not received on or before that date and the licence will lapse on the expiry date.
How to renew your licence:
Prior to application you will require:
- Proof of your Tax Cleared Status, from the Revenue Commissioners
- A valid Road Passenger Transport Operators Licence or a valid European Community Licence, both of which are issued by the Department of Transport
To make a complete and valid application to renew a public bus passenger service Licence you must supply the following:
- A completed Licence Renewal Application Form
- The Appropriate Fee
- A copy of valid PSV licences for all vehicles being used to provide the service
- A copy of valid insurance for all vehicles being used to provide the service
- A copy of valid Certificates of Roadworthiness for all vehicles being used to provide the service
- Confirmation that the service to be renewed is identical to the service currently being operated (e.g. a copy of online advertising including a complete timetable)
- Evidence that the service is currently in operation (up–to–date website, letter from An Garda Síochána in the district where the service operates, published timetable, etc.)
- A completed Statement of Compliance form that confirms that the licence holder has complied with all the conditions attached to the Licence
- If sub-contracting, please also include:
- Copy of valid signed copy of the sub-contracting agreement
- Copy of valid sub-contractor RPTOL/ Community Licence
- Copy of valid sub-contractor Tax Clearance Certificate