Sample Licence Conditions
- This Licence authorises the operation of public bus passenger services as set out in the attached Appendix.
- The conditions of this Licence apply to the Licence Holder and any Subcontractor* acting on behalf of the Licence Holder.
- The Licence Holder commits an offence under the Public Transport Regulation Act 2009 if he/she or any Sub-Contractor acting on behalf of the Licence Holder, does not comply with the terms of the Licence.
- The operation of services under this licence is conditional on the Licence Holder and/or the Subcontractor holding a valid Road Passenger Transport Operator Licence (RPTOL) or Community Licence.
- The Licence Holder and any Subcontractor shall comply with national and international legislation on road transport.
- The Licence Holder and any Subcontractor shall comply with all national and international legislation on employment and health and safety.
- The Licence Holder and any Subcontractor shall be tax compliant for the full period of this Licence.
- The Licence Holder shall maintain records to demonstrate compliance with the Licence and shall provide such records when requested by the Authority.
- The Licence Holder shall comply in a timely fashion with all requests for information by the Authority.
- The Licence Holder shall supply to the Authority by 31st March each year, an annual report in a template provided by the Authority, of the previous year’s data for each service to include but not limited to, passenger numbers, scheduled kilometres operated, revenue collected, percentage Free Travel Passengers, fares charged and the percentage of scheduled kilometres operated by accessible vehicles. The Licence Holder shall comply in a timely fashion with all requests for information that support the accuracy of the Authority’s National Journey Planner and any other customer product provided by the Authority.
- The Licence Holder must commence the public bus passenger service as set out in the attached Appendix within 4 months of the date of the grant or the amendment of the Licence.
- The Licence Holder shall notify the public and also inform the Authority no less than 10 working days in advance of the commencement of the licensed service or any change following the granted amendment of the licensed service.
- The Licence Holder shall notify the Authority of the details of any arrangement or agreement, entered into, or proposed to be entered into, between the Licence Holder and any other RPTOL/ Community Licence holder (‘Subcontractor’), in relation to the operation of services under this licence and obtain approval in writing from the Authority before any such arrangement or agreement is put into effect.
- The Licence Holder shall inform customers and also the Authority no less than 10 working days in advance of changes to all fare levels.
- A copy of this Licence must be available for inspection in any vehicle used in the operation of the public bus passenger service to which it relates.
- The Licence Holder shall ensure that vehicles used to operate the service clearly indicate the destination or route, and the route number, where assigned by the Authority.
- The Licence Holder and any Subcontractor shall ensure that drivers on this service stop at the stopping points set out in the attached Appendix if so requested, in good time, by an intending passenger or by a passenger wishing to alight.
- The Licence Holder shall provide a bus stop pole and flag and information at each stopping place to the requirements of the Authority when requested.
- Where the Licence Holder already provides a bus stop pole and flag and information, these may be required to be replaced to the Authority’s requirements during the period of this Licence.
- Where the Authority has designated the Licence Holder’s stopping place as a Shared Facility under the Dublin Transport Authority Act 2008 (as amended), the Licence Holder shall remove any of their existing poles and flags or information at the Authority’s request.
- The Licence Holder shall comply with any requirements of the Local Authority in relation to the provision of bus stops.
- The Licence Holder shall ensure that timetables made available to the public, whether printed on information leaflets, posted at bus stops or on the operator’s websites, are at all times up to date.
- Where the Licence Holder provides a website, they shall provide information on timetables and fares associated with this licence, a customer contact number and a link to the Transport for Ireland website to the requirements of the Authority.
- The Licence Holder shall comply with any requests by the Authority to place the Transport for Ireland logo on or inside the vehicles or on information related to the service.
LEAP/Real Time Information
- The Licence Holder, if accepted as participants in the Authority’s Integrated Ticketing Scheme (Leap Card scheme), shall comply in full with the terms set out in Integrated Ticketing Scheme Requirements (June 2011) and Commercial Bus Operation Application Form (ref KFF/3309848.9) and any subsequent amendments by the Authority of either documents.
- The Licence Holder, if accepted as a participant in the Authority’s Real Time Information Scheme, shall comply with all requirements of that scheme and any subsequent amendments to the scheme.
- The Licence Holder shall comply with the requirements of EU Regulation 181/2011 concerning the rights of passengers in bus and coach transport. The Licence Holder shall ensure that all information on passenger rights under this regulation is made publicly available. In addition the Licence Holder shall ensure information on the accessibility of their facilities is made available in accessible formats. The Licence Holder must provide disability related instruction and training for all relevant staff. The licence holder must have in place an accessible complaint handling procedure for all passenger rights and obligations covered by Regulation 181/2011. The Licence Holder must inform passengers of their right to appeal any decision to the national enforcement body which is the National Transport Authority in Ireland.
- The Licence Holder must include the following text in all service information, whether printed on information leaflets, posted at bus stops and/or on the operator’s websites:
If you want to make a complaint about your bus trip contact [operator to insert contact details here]. If you are not happy with the response from [operator to insert name here], contact the National Transport Authority, Dún Scéine, Harcourt Lane, Dublin 2, D02 WT20 email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Licence Holder shall comply with all procedures which the Authority puts in place in relation to compliance with this Licence.
*For the purpose of these conditions, a subcontractor means an operator contracted by the Licence Holder for the operation of some or all of the public bus passenger services set out in the attached Appendix.