The enhanced network will greatly improve interconnectivity between communities.
We estimate the implementation of service improvements emerging from Connecting Ireland work will provide:
- Over 70% of those living outside the Cities will have access to a public transport service that provides at least three return trips each weekday to a nearby town
- Improved mobility options for those in remote areas with the provision of Demand Responsive and other innovative transport services
- Over 100 new Local Centre connections from rural settlements in the hinterland
- Over 100 new County Town connections from all types of settlements around County Towns; and
- Over 60 new Regional Centre/City connections, from all types of settlements around these Centres/Cities.