The National Transport Authority have announced the winners of their annual “Smarter Travel Student Multimedia Awards” at an award ceremony at Belltable, Limerick.
The Smarter Travel Campus Programme is organised by the National Transport Authority with funding from the Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport. The competition was open to students in colleges who are partners of the Smarter Travel Campus, a national programme that encourages third level colleges in Ireland to promote sustainable travel for staff and students.
The competition recognises the work done by students creating videos, animations, audio pieces, radio ads, graphics and installations that promote ‘smarter’ modes of transport; such as walking, cycling, public transport and car sharing.
There were over 70 entries in total, across three categories:
- Video and animation
- Graphic, Text & Installation
- Audio Category
Click here to view the winning entries.
Video & Animation
- 1st – Chelsea Joyce, Aine Proudfoot, Cathy Ring, Ciara Farrell & Rebecca Van Rhee from the University of Limerick.
- 2nd – Sean Parnell from Limerick Institute of Technology
- 3rd – Keith Walsh, Rob Daly, Daniel O’ Keeffe & Brewster Carr from Limerick Institute of Technology.
Graphic, Text & Installation
- 1st – Ciara Daly from Limerick College of Further Education won the
- 2nd – Michael McGillycuddy from Sligo Institute of Technology
- 3rd – Teresa McMahon from Limerick College of Further Education
- A special prize awarded to Ashling Moroney, Aoife Kenny, Brandon O Connor, Dylan Hutchinson, Danielle Jackson from Limerick College of Further Education for their fantastic bus stop Installation.
- 1st Ashley Godkin, Ciara O’ Dwyer, Katie Farrell & Sarah Carroll from Waterford Institute of Technology.
- 2nd (joint) Dylan O’Mahony, Clodagh Lawlor, Dan O’Riordon, Adam Dwyer & Laya Kenny from Limerick Institute of Technology
- 2nd (joint) Kevin Garland, Aine Flaherty, Lauren Hanley, Patrick Mark Duffy & Patricia Aillons Martin also from Limerick Institute of Technology.
- 3rd – Kamil Kiersztan, Jamie Dumas, Jacob Woulfe, Anthony White & Sean Coffey from Limerick Institute of Technology.
Anne Graham, Chief Executive Officer, National Transport Authority said: “We are delighted with the quality and variety of entries, and our judges were equally impressed.
“The entries were not only entertaining, but also captured the positive aspects of making smart transport choices for the journey to college”.
The Smarter Travel Multimedia Awards 2018 were judged by an external panel of expert judges.
- Deborah Doherty, Studio Director, Windmill Lane
- Dylan Cotter, Executive Creative Director, Irish International
- Matt McGrath, BBC Environment Correspondent
- Pat Kinglsey, Managing Director, Neworld Associates
This is the fourth year of the awards. The Smarter Travel Student Multimedia Awards are organised by the Smarter Travel Campus programme of the National Transport Authority. It was open to third level institutions in Ireland who are partners of the Smarter Travel Campus programme.