The National Transport Authority’s new National Journey Planner is now live on www.journeyplanner.transportforIreland.ie. The service helps people plan personal journeys, door-to-door, anywhere in Ireland, using public transport and / or walking. There is also an App available for Android, Windows and iPhone.
The National Journey Planner is unlike anything seen in Ireland before:
- It’s national – covering all 26 counties, plus stops from RoI services in Northern Ireland
- It’s multi-operator, with bus, rail, tram, taxis and ferries included – private operators as well as the CIE companies
- It has a huge scope, with 9,600 bus stops across Ireland included, 750 different routes, 152 train stations, and route and timetable information from 120 different transport providers
- You can download the Journey Planner travel app for Ireland free from the Apple App store for iPhone and iPad, Windows store or Google Play store for Android devices. to download it see www.transportforireland.ie
- It gives fully mapped-out route information, printable timetables and details of overall journey times – all in one place
- “Advanced Settings” feature allow you to set your own preferred walking time and speed, your willingness to make interchanges between services, or any preference for one travel mode over others
Coming next on the site will be:
- Real Time Passenger Information inputs
- Rural Transport programme / demand responsive services
- Fares information for your journey
- Cycle planner
The Authority has set up a special feedback channel on www.transportforireland.ie, and is actively encouraging feedback from members of the public.