Nationwide City, Town and Regional Services – Bus Éireann Direct Award Contract
The Public Service Obligation (PSO) contract between the National Transport Authority and Bus Éireann is a five year contract, which commenced on 1st December 2014.
The contract outlines the performance requirements that Bus Éireann must meet in return for the payment of a public subsidy. A proportion of the PSO payment is withheld each month and is only paid if the performance targets are met by Bus Éireann.
Contract and Schedules:
- National Transport Authority and Bus Éireann – Public Service Contract
- Bus Éireann Direct Award Contract Schedules
- Bus Éireann Services Specification (Including changes implemented up to 31 December 2017)
The performance of Bus Éireann is reviewed by the Authority quarterly.
Earlier Contracts 2009 – 2014
The contract is divided into the following sections:
- Schedule A – Services and Service Levels to be Provided by the Operator
- Schedule B – Performance Obligations
- Schedule C – Reporting Requirements
- Schedule D – Compensation
- Schedule E – Framework Grant Agreement
The Authority has previously amended the performance obligations (Schedule B) and the current requirements are available here.
The contract provides for the approval by the Authority of any service changes outlined in Schedule A of the contract.