Dublin City – Dublin Bus Direct Award
The Public Service Obligation (PSO) contract between the National Transport Authority and Dublin Bus is a five year contract, which commenced on 1st December 2014.
The contract outlines the performance requirements that Dublin Bus must meet in return for the payment of a public subsidy. A proportion of the PSO payment is withheld each month and is only paid if the performance targets are met by Dublin Bus.
Contract and Schedules:
- National Transport Authority and Dublin Bus – Public Service Contract
- Dublin Bus Direct Award Contract Schedules
- Dublin Bus Service Specification (Includes changes implemented up to 31 December 2018)
The performance of Dublin Bus is reviewed by the Authority quarterly.
Earlier Contracts 2009 – 2014
The contract is divided into the following sections:
- Schedule A – Services and Service Levels to be Provided by the Operator
- Schedule B – Performance Obligations
- Schedule C – Reporting Requirements
- Schedule D – Compensation
- Schedule E – Framework Grant Agreement
The Authority has previously amended the performance obligations (Schedule B) and the current requirements are available here.
The contract provides for the approval by the Authority of any service changes outlined in Schedule A of the contract.