- Must be pre-booked (may not be hailed on the street or stand for hire at a taxi rank);
- Must agree the fare to be charged in advance (the fare is not calculated on a taximeter);
- Must, from the time of receipt of the notification of the hire to its completion, carry a document in the vehicle showing the details of the booking (name of hirer, starting point and destination, fare agreed);
- Must provide a written receipt containing specific information on payment of the fare;
- Are not permitted to use bus lanes; and
- Are not permitted to display signs or advertisements except as prescribed by the Authority.