This page is for industry users only. If you are a consumer, please visit Transport for Ireland by clicking here.
- May be hired at a taxi rank or hailed on the street (stand or ply for hire);
- May stand at a taxi rank (but only while the vehicle is available for hire);
- May use with-flow bus lanes when operating as an SPSV;
- Must use a verified calibrated taximeter and a printer for receipts;
- Must have a regulation roof sign;
- Must display the national maximum taxi fare card in the front of the vehicle and the passenger information card in the rear;
- Unless otherwise agreed with the customer in advance and in writing, must not charge more than the national maximum taxi fare;
- The driver must remain with the vehicle at all times while standing for hire, plying for hire and during a hire; and
- The driver must keep a record of all bookings and provide a printed receipt.