How we Make Decisions on Policies
Public Consultations Inform Policy Proposals and Decisions
- We engage in regular public consultations to inform our policy making and decisions.
- All consultations are advertised in the national media, and are promoted by means of press release, follow-up interviews and social media channels. All consultation materials are readily available on our website for review. Where documentation is very big (eg very long document, or documentation with complex maps, drawings etc), we provide it in section-by-section format, for ease of download by the reader.
- Our website also provides a convenient response channel to respondents, both by email and by responsive web-form.
- In addition, we make hard copies of materials available for public review at our offices, and accept submissions by post.
- We are currently drafting a Consultation Policy for the Authority. This will be guided by the recommendations which will come from the Government’s recent public consultation on the matter.
Background Information – Major Policy Proposals and Decisions
- All statutory background information is published alongside and at the same time as the policy proposals for consultation. This can include expert opinion, consultants’ reports, technical reports, Environmental Impact Statements, Natura Impact Assessments, etc.
- Background documentation supporting current policy proposals under consultation is available here
- Background documentation supporting policy proposals under earlier (now closed) consultations are available here
- Background information supporting the Transport Strategy for the Greater Dublin Area 2016 – 2035 is available here
Reports on the Operation of Public Services
- The Authority monitors the performance of the public transport operating companies who provide contracted public transport services, and publishes quarterly reports:
- Expenditure reviews, Policy assessments:
NTA submissions to Comprehensive Spending Reviews – material to be uploaded