To support its transport planning function and further development of the transport models, the NTA collects and collates a wide range of data types. The RMS was developed using a wide range of data sources to ensure that it provides the best possible representation of travel demand and patterns throughout Ireland.
Data We Use
- GTFS Public Transport Network Data
- Public Transport Surveys
- Port Passenger Data
- NAPTAN Bus Stop Database
- Traffic Signal Data from Urban Traffic Control Systems
- Journey Time Data
- Over 6,000 Traffic counts from NTA, TII, Local Authorities
- The Geo Directory
- HERE Road Network Data
- MyPlan Landuse Database
- The CSO Census
- CSO HGV Data
- The Valuations Office Parking Data
Data We Collect
- The GDA Education Survey
- The Airport Travel Survey
- The Household Travel Survey
Data requests may be made for:
- Traffic data; such as turning counts, flows, delays and capacity data
- Estimates of public transport occupancy, and number of people walking and cycling.
For Data Requests, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
National Traffic Count Database
The National Traffic Count Database (NTCD) is a web based, GIS-enabled repository for traffic data.
Traffic Survey Specifications
The NTA has developed a number of guidelines and templates for the collection of traffic data in Ireland. The collection of data in a streamlined method will allow for seamless integration into the NTA’s National Traffic Count Database. The guidelines and specifications for data collection and formatting can be accessed by emailing email@example.com.