South – East Region
The South East Regional Model (SERM) is one of five models that comprise the Authority’s Regional Modelling System. The SERM covers the counties of Carlow, Kilkenny, Waterford, Wexford and South Tipperary modelled in detail.
The model is centred around Waterford City and 571 zones as follows:
- Waterford City zones: 82;
- Waterford County zones: 70;
- Wexford County zones: 142;
- Kilkenny County zones: 118;
- South Tipperary County zones: 94;
- Carlow County zones: 57;
- Special zones: 1; and
- External zones: 7.
The highway network in SERM consists of:
- 6262 assignment nodes;
- 10001 assignment links;
- 722 Priority Junctions; and
- 40 Signalised Junctions.
The image below displays the PT network for Waterford City Centre. The public transport network in SERM consists of:
- Rail: 26 services;
- Bus Éireann City: 12 services;
- Bus Éireann Regional: 86 Services; and
- Other buses: 113 services.
The Development Reports for the SERM can be viewed below. Please note, appendices are available on request for certain reports.