South West Region
The South West Regional Model (SWRM) is one of five models that comprise the Authority’s Regional Modelling System. The SWRM covers the counties of Cork and Kerry modelled in detail.
The model is centred around Cork City and includes 788 zones as follows:
- Cork City zones: 148;
- County Cork zones: 421;
- County Kerry zones: 188;
- County Limerick zones: 11;
- Waterford zones: 8;
- South Tipperary zones: 7;
- External zones: 5; and
- Special zones: 4.
The highway network in SWRM consists of:
- 14052 assignment nodes;
- 22502 assignment links;
- 1712 Priority Junctions; and
- 203 Signalised Junctions.
The image shows the bus and rail network for the Cork City area. The public transport network in SWRM consists of:
- Rail: 42 services;
- Cork City Bus Services: 55 services;
- Bus Éireann (non-Cork City): 385 services; and
- Other buses: 18 services.
The Development Reports for the SWRM can be viewed below. Please note, appendices are available on request for certain reports.
The SWRM Road and Public Transport Model Development Reports are available on request.