BusConnects aims to overhaul the current bus system in Ireland’s cities by implementing:
- a network of ‘next generation’ bus corridors (including segregated cycling facilities) on the busiest bus routes to make bus journeys faster, predictable and reliable;
- a complete redesign of the bus network;
- simpler fare structures;
- cashless payment system and a state-of-the-art ticketing system;
- new bus branding, integrating bus vehicles of different operators and types;
- park-and-ride facilities;
- new bus stops and shelters; and
- transitioning to low-emission vehicles.
For more information, please visit www.busconnects.ie.