- Public Transport Services
- Taxi Licensing
- Bus Licensing
- Do I Need a Licence?
- Licence Categories
- Licensing Process
- Sample Licence Conditions
- What is an International Authorisation?
- What is a Journey Form?
- Apply for a Licence
- Amend a Licence
- Renew a Licence
- Transfer a Licence
- Appealing a Decision on a Licence
- Apply for an International Authorisation
- Apply for a Variation to an International Authorisation
- Request a Book of Journey Forms
- View List of Current Licences
- Make a Complaint
- Latest News for Bus Operators
- Download Licensing Legislation, Guides & Information
- Licensing Application Forms
- Other Bus/ LPSV & Licensing Contacts
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Vehicle Clamping
- Transport Investment
- Strategic Planning
- Regional Transport Model
- Planning and Policy
- Public Consultations
- Publications and Statistics
Luas Green Line Capacity Enhancement
The Luas Green Line Capacity Enhancement project will provide additional capacity on the Luas Green Line over the coming years, to cater for the growing demand on the line in the short to medium term.
It includes lengthening the existing green line trams to 55m length, plus the purchase of 8 additional 55m long trams. A major expansion of Sandyford Depot is underway to facilitate the growth in the green line fleet. An order has been placed with Alstom to lengthen the existing tram fleet.
Power system upgrades will also be required along the green line to facilitate the additional and longer trams.