From Sunday 19th January 2020, Go-Ahead Ireland will commence operation of a number of Dublin Commuter routes currently operated by Bus Éireann.
The new family of 120 routes – 120, a, b, c, d, e, f and x – serving communities in places such as Tullamore, Edenderry, Enfield, Newbridge, Milltown, Kilmeague, Robertstown, Prosperous, Clane, Straffan and Celbridge, will replace the existing routes 120, 121 and 123.
The routes will be operated by Go-Ahead Ireland under contract to the National Transport Authority as part of our Transport for Ireland subsidised public transport services.
There is a new clearer timetable which includes the following enhancements:
- Earlier morning services from Edenderry, Prosperous and Clane
- Hourly evening service to Edenderry on Monday to Saturday
- Off-peak and Saturday services every 30 minutes from Prosperous and Clane
- New connecting service every day on Route 120c from Tullamore to Edenderry and extended to Enfield for onward bus and rail journeys
- New Saturday service on Route 120b from Newbridge via Milltown, Kilmeague and Robertstown
What will change?
- Livery – Vehicles will carry the distinctive Transport for Ireland livery which is predominantly blue and yellow
- Timetable – There is a new timetable which includes service enhancements
- Fleet – The fleet will include brand-new single-deck vehicles that are fully accessible
What will remain the same?
- Fares – There is no change to fares or fare structures
- Payment – Leap, Free Travel Pass and Taxsaver tickets all remain valid
The rollout of these services is phase 2 of a changeover of routes to Go-Ahead Ireland along the Kildare corridor. The company commenced operation on routes 125, 126 and 130 in December 2019.