Kids Go Free campaign to facilitate over 1 million trips from Monday 1st July – Sunday 28th July.
Following the success of previous campaigns this year’s Kids Go Free promotion has been extended from two to four weeks, during July, to facilitate over a million free child trips. The announcement was made today by National Transport Authority CEO Anne Graham.
All Child Leap Card holders (aged 5 – 18) can travel freely on Leap Card services, provided they present a Child Leap Card with at least 1 cent credit upon boarding. The initiative covers most journeys across the Transport for Ireland network, including:
- All Dublin Bus scheduled services (excluding Airlink and Nitelink)
- All Go-Ahead Ireland scheduled services
- All Luas services
- All DART services
- All Commuter Rail services in Dublin’s “Short Hop Zone” and on the Cork to Cobh/Midleton train lines
- Route 139 Naas to Blanchardstown
- Bus Éireann services where TFI Leap Card Validators are available. This includes Bus Éireann Services in Cork city, Limerick city, Galway city, Waterford city, Sligo and Athlone towns and Bus Éireann services in Dublin and surrounding counties (Excluding Expressway).
- Kids also go free on Local Link services throughout July (child leap card not required for local link services).
Anne Graham, CEO of the National Transport Authority, said:
“As in past promotions, this applies to Cork, Galway, Waterford and Limerick cities, as well as Dublin. Irish cities continue to become more interconnected, and we hope this encourages families and young adults to use the Transport for Ireland network this summer.
We also hope to instill good public transport usage habits in young adults, and giving them the opportunity to travel freely throughout the month of July will hopefully increase their usage of Ireland’s public transport services.”
The Kids Go Free offer is valid using any Child Leap Card 5-15 and Child Leap Card 16-18 (valid up to the holder’s 19th birthday), provided the card has 1 cent credit.
Customers can get a Child Leap Card online at leapcard.ie (details available here) or from one of 650 payzone agents nationwide.
Child Leap Cards are easy to acquire and a limited stock are available free of charge at the following locations:
- Dublin Bus Head Office, 59 O’Connell Street, Dublin 1
- Connolly, Heuston, and Pearse Street Stations
Bus Stations at:
- Parnell Place, Cork
- Ceannt Station, Eyre Square, Galway
- Parnell St., Limerick
- The Quay, Waterford
For more information on the Kids Go Free offer, visit the Leap Card website here.
Kids Go Free encourages families, children, and young adults to use the TFI network during the summer months to participate in many of Ireland’s fantastic summer events and festivals. It also aims to highlight the cheaper fares available to Leap Card holders and reminds families to get their Leap Cards and become used to using them before the new school year begins.