Latest in a series of Statistical Bulletins
The National Transport Authority today (29th July, 2016) published its latest Statistical Bulletin – on Commercial Bus Services, services licensed by the National Transport Authority.
The information in the bulletin is drawn from reports provided by the operators. The information dates, in the main, from January 2013, when all licensed operators were required to provide this information to the Authority for research purposes.
In summary, total passenger journeys across all commercial bus services increased by 9.5% in 2015 with passenger journeys on all public transport (excluding school services) increasing by 4.2%.
Topics covered in the Bulletin include:
- number of operators
- number of passenger journeys
- total scheduled vehicle kilometres
- passenger revenues
- free travel scheme revenue and passenger journeys
- total public transport numbers in Ireland
- number and age of buses
- operating fleet with Automatic Vehicle Location systems on board
- operating fleet with smartcard reading equipment on board
- wheelchair accessibility of the licensed services fleet
- gross cost contract operators
This is the latest in a series of Statistical Bulletins published by the National Transport Authority. Earlier reports covering taxi services, rail, pso bus services and household travel, can be accessed online.