Latest in a series of Statistical Bulletins
The information in the Reports is drawn largely from operational reporting information provided by Iarnród Éireann, Dublin Bus and Bus Éireann to the Authority under their Public Service Obligation (PSO) contracts, and date, in the main, from January 2010, the time period covered by their contracts with the Authority. Information from Luas is also included in the Rail Report. The Bus report covers the Rural Transport Programme, LocalLink, as well as information about the PSO services provided by private operators who won tenders in the midlands and the Cavan-Longford region.
The full reports are available to download, read and print on the Statistical Bulletins page.
Topics covered include:
- number of passenger journeys
- bus / rail patronage and general economic data
- operated kilometres / seat kilometres
- passenger revenues
- free travel scheme revenue
- total number of buses
- age of buses
- bus fleet with automatic vehicle location systems (AVL) on board
- bus fleet with smartcard reading equipment on board
- wheelchair accessibility – bus and rail
- private providers of PSO bus services
- rail network changes
These are the latest in a series of Statistical Bulletins published by the National Transport Authority. Earlier reports – from 2013 and 2014 – covering taxi services, rail, commercial bus and household travel, can be accessed online.