In accordance with Section 12 (1) of the Vehicle Clamping Act 2015, the NTA is empowered to establish a Code of Practice to:
- Provide practical guidance to parking controllers and clamping operators regarding compliance with the Act and regulations made under it; and
- Establish standards in relation to the general behaviour, performance of duties and conduct of:
- Parking controllers in supervising the operations of clamping operators, and
- Clamping operators in carrying out clamping activities.
Accordingly, the NTA has prepared the following Draft Code of Practice. This Code of Practice is intended to supplement the Vehicle Clamping Act 2015 (the ‘Act’) and the Vehicle Clamping and Signage Regulations 2017 (the ‘Regulations’), and should be read in conjunction with same.
Written submissions in relation to the Draft Code of Practice may be made in one of the two following ways:
- Email – DraftCode@nationaltransport.ie or
- Post – Draft Code of Practice, National Transport Authority, Dún Scéine, Harcourt Lane, Dublin 2, D02 WT20.
All submissions must include the subject of the submission, the full name and address of the person making the submission and where relevant the name of the body or organisation represented. NTA is subject to the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act 2014 and, therefore, must consider any request for information made under that Act. Any submissions received may be published.
Closing date for receipt of submissions is 17.00, Monday 11th November 2019.