NTA Heavy Rail Census Report 2019
Highlights from the 2019 Rail Census include
• 177,904 journeys were taken on the day of the Census.
• As in 2018, 12 stations handled in excess of 5,000 passengers. Connolly, Pearse, Heuston and Tara continued to be the busiest stations handling one third of all passengers on census day.
• Outside of Dublin, Kent Station in Cork City, Bray in Wicklow and Maynooth in Kildare feature in the top ten busiest stations in terms of passenger traffic.
• Grand Canal Dock is now the 5th busiest station in terms of boardings, having been ranked 9th in 2018
- The busiest train in the country was the 08:10 DART service from Malahide to Bray carrying a total of 1,450 passengers
Read the full report and Summary Report below
2018 Report will be added shortly