Consultation on Cork Metropolitan Area Draft Transport Strategy 2040 and associated Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) and Appropriate Assessment (AA)
The National Transport Authority, the “Authority”, invites written submissions or observations on the Cork Metropolitan Area Draft Transport Strategy 2040 (the “Draft Strategy”).
An Environmental Report has been prepared which assesses, at a strategic level, the likely significant effects on the environment of implementing the Draft Strategy. This is in accordance with Directive 2001/42/EC of the European Parliament and Council 27th June 2001 on the assessment of the effects of certain plans and programmes on the environment as transposed into Irish law by the European Communities (Environmental Assessment of Certain Plans and Programmes) Regulations 2004, as amended, a Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) of the Draft Strategy is being carried out.
An Appropriate Assessment is also being carried out and a Natura Impact Report has been prepared to inform the determination as to whether the Draft Strategy will impact on the integrity and conservation objectives of relevant European Sites. This is in compliance with Article 6 of Council Directive 92/43/EEC 21st May 1992, commonly known as the Habitats Directive, on the conservation of natural habitats and of wild fauna and flora as transposed into Irish law by, inter alia, the European Communities (Birds and Natural Habitats) Regulations 2011, as amended.
- Cork Metropolitan Area Draft Transport Strategy 2040
- Cheantar Cathrach Chorcaí Dréachtstraitéis Iompair 2040
- Cork Metropolitan Area Draft Transport Strategy 2040 – Public Consultation Document
- SEA Environmental Report
- SEA Environmental Report Non-Technical Summary
- AA Natura Impact Report
- AA Natura Impact Report Appendix I
- Baseline Conditions Report
- Demand Analysis Report
- Transport Modelling Report
- Transport Options Development Report
- Supporting Measures Report
- Planning Datasheet Development Report
- RSES Addendum Report
Written submissions and observations may be made by:
Email to: CorkTransport@nationaltransport.ie
By post to:
Cork Transport Strategy Consultation,
National Transport Authority,
All submissions and observations received within the timeframe set out above will be taken into consideration before the finalisation of the Strategy.
All submissions must include the full name and address of the person making the submission, and where relevant the name of the body or organisation represented. Please note that submissions are subject to Freedom of Information Act. Submissions may be published on this website.
Closing date for all submissions in relation to all the relevant and supporting documents is 28th June 2019 at 5pm.
Consultation material, including the Draft Strategy Report and Public Consultation Document will be available to view at Cork City Hall and Cork County Hall for the duration of the consultation period.
Public Information Events
Public Information Events will be held from 3pm – 8pm at the following locations, on the following dates:
- Wednesday 5th June – Imperial Hotel, Cork City
- Thursday 6th June – Oriel House Hotel, Ballincollig
- Wednesday 12th June – Radisson Hotel, Little Island
- Thursday 13th June – Carrigaline Court Hotel, Carrigaline
- Wednesday 19th June – Blarney Castle Hotel, Blarney