The National Transport Authority has prepared and published a Publication Scheme concerning information held by the NTA, as provided for under Section 8 of the Freedom of Information Act, 2014. The Scheme came into effect on the 14th April, 2016.
Purpose of Scheme
The Scheme is designed to facilitate the provision of information to the greatest extent possible, except for information exempted under the Act. In preparing, reviewing or revising a Publication Scheme, an FOI body shall have regard to the public interest in:
- Allowing public access to information held by the FOI body;
- The publication of reasons for decisions made by the FOI body; and
- Publishing information of relevance or interest to the general public in relation to its activities and functions generally.
Scheme Format and Access
The Scheme is web based with links from it to information under five headings as set out below, which will be updated as provided for under the Act. A hard copy will be available for viewing by appointment also.
Five Information Sets
Who we are and what we do
- About the National Transport Authority
- Bus Licensing
- The Board of the National Transport Authority
Corporate Plans and Strategies
Reports and Statements
Organisation and Pay/Grading Structures
- Organisation and Pay/Grading Structures
Links to Agencies/Other Bodies Under the FOI Body’s Remit
- Dublin Bus
- Bus Éireann
- Iarnród Éireann
- M and A Coaches
- Whartons Travel
- TFI Local Link
- Smarter Travel
- Taxi Advisory Committee
- General Customer/User Feedback
- EU Passenger Rights:
- Taxi Customers’ Rights and Responsibilities
The services we offer
Making Your Public Transport Journey Simpler
- TFI Leap Top-Up App
- TFI Journey Planner App
- TFI Real Time Ireland App
- TFI Driver Check App
- TFI Cycle Planner
Public Bus Passenger Service Licensing
How we make decisions on policies
Public Consultations Inform Policy Proposals and Decisions
- We engage in regular public consultations to inform our policy making and decisions.
- All consultations are advertised in the national media and are promoted by means of press release, follow-up interviews and social media channels.
- All consultation materials are readily available on our website for review. Where documentation is very big (for example in a very long document, or documentation with complex maps, drawings etc.), we provide it in section-by-section format, for ease of download by the reader.
- Our website also provides a convenient response channel to respondents, both by email and by responsive web-form.
- In addition, we make hard copies of materials available for public review at our offices, and accept submissions by post.
- All current consultations are accessed
- All previous consultations remain accessible to the public, and are available
- We are currently drafting a Consultation Policy for the NTA. This will be guided by the recommendations which will come from the Government’s recent public consultation on the matter.
Background Information – Major Policy Proposals and Decisions
- All statutory background information is published alongside and at the same time as the policy proposals for consultation. This can include expert opinion, consultants’ reports, technical reports, Environmental Impact Statements, Natura Impact Assessments, etc.
- Background documentation supporting current policy proposals under consultation is available
- Background documentation supporting policy proposals under earlier (now closed) consultations are available
- Background information supporting the Transport Strategy for the Greater Dublin Area 2016 – 2035 is available
Reports on the Operation of Public Services
- Minutes of the Monthly Board meetings
- Statistical Bulletins
- Statistical Reports
- Public Service Obligation Operator Performance Reports
What we spend
- The National Transport Authority’s
- Annual Reports
- Financial Statements
- Prompt Payment Reports
- Reports on Expenditure over €2 million (2013)
- Reports on Expenditure over €10 million
- Purchase Orders over €20,000 are available in our publication section.
- Major plans for Capital Expenditure
- Also of interest:
- Governance Board Member payment – Board Members are paid in line with government policy (material will be added shortly)
How we spend
You can view our tender competitions on the eTenders website.