Enhanced services between Ballina – Enniscrone – Sligo – Manorhamilton – Enniskillen from March 13
During 2014 the National Transport Authority carried out a public consultation exercise regarding public transport in County Mayo.
Following consideration of the feedback received, Bus Éireann will be implementing the following bus service improvements in County Mayo and adjoining counties. The revised services, which have been approved by the National Transport Authority will be introduced on the 13th March 2016.
Route 458: Ballina – Enniscrone – Sligo – Manorhamilton – Enniskillen
The current Route 458 and Route 66 will be combined to provide a revised Route 458 which will provide enhanced linkages between the main towns of Ballina, Sligo and Enniskillen, along with villages and towns along the route.
The main features of the enhanced service are as follows:
- A better spread of services throughout the day to better meet customer needs.
- One additional daily service between Ballina and Sligo
- Three daily direct services between Ballina and Enniskillen
- Increased Saturday and Sunday frequency.
In addition Route 458 will facilitate improved connections to the wider public transport network at Sligo Bus/Rail Station, and to the Translink network of services at Enniskillen Bus Station.
Route 432: Galway – Cong
- The current Route 432 will remain, now re-numbered as Route 456.
Route 440: Westport-Ireland West Airport Knock
- The current 12:15hrs (Monday – Saturday) service from Westport to Ireland West Airport Knock (IWAK) will now depart at 12:05hrs arriving in IWAK at the earlier time of 13:15hrs;
- The current 14:45hrs (Monday to Saturday) service from IWAK to Westport will now depart at 15:00hrs arriving in Westport at the later time of 16:05hrs.
The Westport/Achill Island service will remain unchanged.
Route 442: Charlestown – Kiltimagh – Castlebar
- This route will be extended to serve Carnacon and Hollymount which were previously served by Route 456
Route 446: Ballina – Blacksod
- There will be some adjustments to individual departure times offering improved connections to and from Castlebar, Westport and Sligo.
Route 450: Westport – Louisburgh – Kiladoon
- The 16:00hrs service from Westport to Louisburgh will now depart at 16:10hrs and operate ten minutes later throughout its journey.
Route 456: Galway – Ballinrobe – Westport – Castlebar – Ballina
- There will be some minor adjustments to individual departures to better co-ordinate with the revised Route 458.
Route 462: Sligo – Dromahair – Ballinamore – Carrigallen
- The 16:10hrs service from Sligo to Dromahair will now depart at 16:05hrs and operate five minutes earlier throughout its journey.
Speaking about the service changes, Rory Leahy, Bus Éireann Regional Manager North West said: “We are pleased to announce these changes which will provide our customers in County Mayo, Sligo and Leitrim with an enhanced service offering throughout the week and greater linkages to Translink services at Enniskillen”
The timetables for all routes are available on www.buseireann.ie
For more detailed information regarding each route see ‘Timetable updates’ on www.buseireann.ie