The United Kingdom has acceded to the Interbus Agreement and it will enter into force for the UK on 01 January 2021. This means that occasional and closed-door tours will be able to travel to the UK. However, the documentation required will change. The Journey Forms issued under EC Regulation 1073/ 2009 will no longer be valid. Interbus Waybills will be required.
The Interbus Agreement defines a closed door tour as: “closed-door tours, that is to say services whereby the same bus or coach is used to carry the same group of passengers throughout the journey and to bring them back to the place of departure. The place of departure is in the territory of the Contracting Party in which the transport operator is established.”
NOTE: Regular services cannot be undertaken using a Waybill.
Request a book of Interbus Waybills
- Interbus Waybills books can be obtained from the National Transport Authority
- Each book contains 25 Interbus Waybills
- The fee for each Interbus Waybill book is €60
- Each request must be accompanied by a photocopy of your current valid European Community Licence
- Payment must be made either by cheque, payable to the National Transport Authority or by electronic fund transfer (EFT)
- The Interbus Waybill book is then sent to you by return post to the address on your European Community Licence
Postal Address for the National Transport Authority:
National Transport Authority
Public Transport Regulation Division
Details required for payment by EFT are as follows:
When making EFT payments to the NTA Bus Licensing bank account, applicants must include their name or identifiable reference and email this reference and a scan of their Community licence to email@example.com
Account Name: National Transport Authority – Bus Licensing Revenue
Account No: 22535803
Sort Code: 93-10-12
IBAN: IE24 AIBK 9310 1222 5358 03
Swift: AIB KIE 2D
Once the funds transfer has been verified the Interbus Waybills books will be sent by return post.
Please be aware that as staff are working remotely it may take up to 10 working days to post the Books to you.