This Scheme aims to encourage the wider availability of wheelchair accessible vehicles in Ireland’s fleet. It offers disability awareness training, together with financial assistance of up to €10,000 (depending on vehicle age) to purchase a WAV or to convert to a WAV. Over 170 grants have issued to date.
The last date for the receipt by the Authority of applications for the WAV16 Grant Scheme is FRIDAY 28 OCTOBER 2016.
To qualify for receipt of the WAV16 Grant all of the following must have been completed by 30 November 2016:
- a provisional grant offer letter must have been received;
- the proposed wheelchair accessible vehicle must have passed its initial suitability test;
- the proposed wheelchair accessible vehicle must have been licensed;
- the proposed driver must have completed a Disability Awareness Training Course; and
- the completed payment form must have been received by the Authority.
Applications are dealt with on a first received basis. Therefore, those who submit applications later in the application period (01 July – 30 October 2015) will have a shorter window to complete the process.