This Privacy Statement is issued by the National Transport Authority of Dún Scéine, Iveagh Court, Harcourt Lane, Dublin 2 (“NTA”, “we”, “us”, “our”).
The purpose of this notice is to inform you of the data relating to you that we collect and use in connection with SPSV Online Services (both the SPSV+ mobile application and the web service portal) and the uses (including disclosures to third parties) we make of such data. The complete NTA Privacy Statement can be found here.
Personal Data that we collect and process
We collect and process personal data relating to you in connection with your use of the SPSV online services, and our relationship with you. This personal data may include:
- Your email address.
- Your CCSN.
- Your account registration number.
- Device Token: in the event that a driver link expires or is broken, a device token is used by an in-app messaging service to push a notification to your phone.
NTA accesses statistical data from Google and Apple to report on the number of downloads and trends relating to same.
Purposes of Processing and Legal Basis
We will use personal data relating to you for the purposes of:
- Improving and developing the SPSV online services;
- Generating and analysing statistics regarding usage of the website and app, including the frequency of use of individual pages (where possible, personal data will be anonymised before being used for this purpose);
- Performing our functions as a public authority and complying with our legal obligations.
The legal bases on which we process usage data is:
- That this is necessary for the performance of tasks that we carry out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in us by law (including but not limited to Dublin Transport Authority Act 2008, Public Transport Regulation 2009, Vehicle Clamping Act 2015 and the Taxi Regulation Act 2013);
- That this is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation that applies to us; or
- That you have given your consent to the processing.
Recipients of Data
We may disclose your personal data to other organisations in connection with the above purposes, including:
- The Device Token is shared with a third-party back-end tool, Google Firebase, to enable push notifications when a driver link is broken or expires.
We will not hold your personal data for longer than is necessary. We retain your registration data for as long as you have a registered SPSV+ account. In the event that you choose to delete your account, your profile and all associated registration data is deleted immediately. Device Tokens are replaced every 7 days.
You have the following rights, in certain circumstances and subject to certain restrictions, in relation to your personal data:
- The right to access your personal data;
- The right to request the rectification and/or erasure of your personal data;
- The right to restrict the use of your personal data;
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data;
- The right to receive your personal data, which you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to require us to transmit that data to another controller; and
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may occasionally update this policy. We encourage you to periodically review this policy for the latest information on our privacy practices.
If you are not happy with the way we are using your personal data or how we facilitate your rights or comply with our obligations under applicable data protection law, you have the right to make a complaint to the Data Protection Commissioner by emailing email@example.com.