- Public Transport Services
- Taxi and Bus Licensing
- Investment Projects
- Planning and Policy
- Public Consultations
- Publications and Statistics
National Transport Authority > Taxi and Bus Licensing > Taxi > Operating an SPSV > Rights and Responsibilities of an SPSV Driver > Fares and Receipts
Fares and Receipts
Fare and Receipt Regulations
- Unless otherwise agreed with the customer in advance and in writing, taxis may charge no more than the metered fare (plus any legitimate extra charges).
- Taxis must have a working taximeter that has been calibrated and verified in accordance with the National Maximum Taxi Fare.
- Taxi drivers must give customers a printed receipt from the printer attached to the taximeter.
- Hackneys and limousines may not charge more than the agreed fare.
- Hackney and limousine drivers must give customers a written receipt.