- Public Transport Services
- Taxi Licensing
- Bus Licensing
- Do I Need a Licence?
- Licence Categories
- Licensing Process
- Sample Licence Conditions
- What is an International Authorisation?
- What is a Journey Form?
- Apply for a Licence
- Amend a Licence
- Renew a Licence
- Transfer a Licence
- Appealing a Decision on a Licence
- Apply for an International Authorisation
- Apply for a Variation to an International Authorisation
- Request a Book of Journey Forms
- View List of Current Licences
- Make a Complaint
- Latest News for Bus Operators
- Download Licensing Legislation, Guides & Information
- Licensing Application Forms
- Other Bus/ LPSV & Licensing Contacts
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Vehicle Clamping
- Investment Projects
- Planning and Policy
- Public Consultations
- Publications and Statistics
An SPSV driver must make sure that:
- The vehicle licence is in date;
- The vehicle is appropriately insured; and
- The vehicle complies fully with the suitability requirements for the category of licence.
Your vehicle must be maintained in a roadworthy condition at all times. It can be inspected at any time by members of An Garda Síochána to ensure that it complies with the required standards. If the vehicle is found not to be roadworthy, you will not be permitted to operate until the relevant repairs have been carried out.