Regulations that apply to all SPSVs
All SPSVs, irrespective of their licence category, must:
- Have an active vehicle licence (as shown on the tamper-proof licence discs);
- Have the tamper-proof licence discs displayed in the front and rear windows of the vehicle. (Exception: vintage vehicles in the limousine category that are over 30 years old are exempt from the requirement to display a rear disc.);
- Be fully roadworthy (it is illegal to operate with a faulty vehicle);
- Carry the required safety equipment:
- Not carry more passengers than indicated on the tamper-proof licence discs.
Additional rules of operation
In addition, each category of SPSV has a number of specific ongoing requirements.
- Additional rules of operation for taxis and wheelchair accessible taxis
- Additional rules of operation for hackneys, wheelchair accessible hackneys and limousines