- Public Transport Services
- Taxi Licensing
- Bus Licensing
- Do I Need a Licence?
- Licence Categories
- Licensing Process
- Sample Licence Conditions
- What is an International Authorisation?
- What is a Journey Form?
- Apply for a Licence
- Amend a Licence
- Renew a Licence
- Transfer a Licence
- Appealing a Decision on a Licence
- Apply for an International Authorisation
- Apply for a Variation to an International Authorisation
- Request a Book of Journey Forms
- View List of Current Licences
- Make a Complaint
- Latest News for Bus Operators
- Download Licensing Legislation, Guides & Information
- Licensing Application Forms
- Other Bus/ LPSV & Licensing Contacts
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Vehicle Clamping
- Transport Investment
- Planning and Policy
- Public Consultations
- Publications and Statistics
SPSV Driver Licensing
There are two bodies involved in the SPSV Driver licensing process:
1. An Garda Síochána is the licensing authority for SPSV driver licences – applications are made to them, and licences are issued by them.
2. The National Transport Authority administers the SPSV Entry Test, processes the licensing fees and issues the SPSV driver ID cards that an SPSV driver must have at all times while operating.