Standards for Photographs
- Photograph should be not more than 6 months old.
- They may be in colour or black and white.
- The photograph should show a full front view of the subject’s head, as he or she would normally appear.
- The image must be sharp and clear, and taken against a plain white or light grey background
- Sunglasses are not acceptable. Tinted glasses may be worn provided they do not obscure the person’s eyes.
- Photograph should not show military or police uniforms.
- Only head coverings worn for religious reasons are permitted. Hair bands are not allowed.
Unacceptable photographs include where the face is not clear, the top of the head is not showing, where parents hold infants in their arms, person has dark glasses, home produced photographs which are not identical, and photos taken against a dark background.