- Public Transport Services
- Taxi Licensing
- Bus Licensing
- Do I Need a Licence?
- Licence Categories
- Licensing Process
- Sample Licence Conditions
- What is an International Authorisation?
- What is a Journey Form?
- Apply for a Licence
- Amend a Licence
- Renew a Licence
- Transfer a Licence
- Appealing a Decision on a Licence
- Apply for an International Authorisation
- Apply for a Variation to an International Authorisation
- Request a Book of Journey Forms
- View List of Current Licences
- Make a Complaint
- Latest News for Bus Operators
- Download Licensing Legislation, Guides & Information
- Licensing Application Forms
- Other Bus/ LPSV & Licensing Contacts
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Investment Projects
- Planning and Policy
- Public Consultations
- Publications and Statistics
Standing or Plying for Hire in an Additional County
If, as a taxi driver, you propose to stand or ply for hire in any county other than the one in which you were originally licensed, you will need to pass the Area Knowledge Test for each such additional county.
Applying for a Test
When you apply for the test, specify that you want to take the Area Knowledge Test only, and you will be asked for your SPSV driver licence number.
Bring your SPSV smart card with you to the test.
If you are successful, you will be issued with a driver display card and a smart card showing the additional county for which you are licensed.