Standing or Plying for Hire in an Additional County

If, as a taxi driver, you propose to stand or ply for hire in any county other than the one in which you were originally licensed, you will need to pass the Area Knowledge Test for each such additional county.

Applying for a Test

When you apply for the test, specify that you want to take the Area Knowledge Test only, and you will be asked for your SPSV driver licence number.

Bring your SPSV smart card with you to the test.

If you are successful, you will be issued with a driver display card and a smart card showing the additional county for which you are licensed.