- Public Transport Services
- Taxi Licensing
- Bus Licensing
- Do I Need a Licence?
- Licence Categories
- Licensing Process
- Sample Licence Conditions
- What is an International Authorisation?
- What is a Journey Form?
- Apply for a Licence
- Amend a Licence
- Renew a Licence
- Transfer a Licence
- Appealing a Decision on a Licence
- Apply for an International Authorisation
- Apply for a Variation to an International Authorisation
- Request a Book of Journey Forms
- View List of Current Licences
- Make a Complaint
- Latest News for Bus Operators
- Download Licensing Legislation, Guides & Information
- Licensing Application Forms
- Other Bus/ LPSV & Licensing Contacts
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Vehicle Clamping
- Transport Investment
- Planning and Policy
- Public Consultations
- Publications and Statistics
National Transport Authority > Taxi and Bus Licensing > Taxi > SPSV Vehicle Licensing > Vehicle Requirements > Additional Suitability Requirements for Hackneys, Local Area Hackneys and Wheelchair Accessible Hackneys
Additional Suitability Requirements for Hackneys, Local Area Hackneys and Wheelchair Accessible Hackneys
A hackney may not display any sign or advertisement unless it has been prescribed by the National Transport Authority. Some limited exceptions apply relating to the rear number plate – see the Initial Suitability Inspection Manual for details.