- Public Transport Services
- Taxi Licensing
- Bus Licensing
- Do I Need a Licence?
- Licence Categories
- Licensing Process
- Sample Licence Conditions
- What is an International Authorisation?
- What is a Journey Form?
- Apply for a Licence
- Amend a Licence
- Renew a Licence
- Transfer a Licence
- Appealing a Decision on a Licence
- Apply for an International Authorisation
- Apply for a Variation to an International Authorisation
- Request a Book of Journey Forms
- View List of Current Licences
- Make a Complaint
- Latest News for Bus Operators
- Download Licensing Legislation, Guides & Information
- Licensing Application Forms
- Other Bus/ LPSV & Licensing Contacts
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Investment Projects
- Planning and Policy
- Public Consultations
- Publications and Statistics
You must have a valid certificate of insurance stating the vehicle registration number and specifying that the vehicle is covered for use as an SPSV.
The insurance must be in the name of the vehicle owner and the licence holder.
Your insurance cover will be confirmed on the day of inspection / assessment with reference to your insurance disc. If your vehicle is not suitably insured on the day of your inspection / assessment, the licence will not be issued.