- Public Transport Services
- Taxi Licensing
- Bus Licensing
- Do I Need a Licence?
- Licence Categories
- Licensing Process
- Sample Licence Conditions
- What is an International Authorisation?
- What is a Journey Form?
- Apply for a Licence
- Amend a Licence
- Renew a Licence
- Transfer a Licence
- Appealing a Decision on a Licence
- Apply for an International Authorisation
- Apply for a Variation to an International Authorisation
- Request a Book of Journey Forms
- View List of Current Licences
- Make a Complaint
- Latest News for Bus Operators
- Download Licensing Legislation, Guides & Information
- Licensing Application Forms
- Other Bus/ LPSV & Licensing Contacts
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Vehicle Clamping
- Investment Projects
- Planning and Policy
- Public Consultations
- Publications and Statistics
National Transport Authority > Taxi and Bus Licensing > Taxi > SPSV Vehicle Licensing > Vehicle Requirements > Safety Equipment
Required Safety Kit
All SPSVs are required to carry the following safety and passenger communication equipment at all times:
- A fire extinguisher that complies with EN3 standard, as shown on its label (Classes A,B and C); is in date; and is stowed safely in the vehicle.
- A first aid kit that complies with DIN13164 standard or with the Health & Safety Authority’s recommendations.
- A high-visibility reflective safety vest that complies with EN471 standard, as shown on its label.
- An advance -warning triangle, E-marked to 27R standard.
- A torch.