Introducing the Smarter Travel Mark
The Smarter Travel Mark is a three tier certification that recognises and celebrates organisations that support active and sustainable travel on the commute and beyond for their workforce, students and visitors, resulting in a reduction in single-person car usage.
Watch the introductory video here:
Who can apply for the Smarter Travel Mark?
Application for the Smarter Travel Mark is open to workplaces and campuses of any size from the private or public sectors.
How the Smarter Travel Mark supports your organisation:
- Provides national recognition of your organisation’s commitment to active and sustainable travel
- Promotes integrating physical activity into staff and student commuting
- Enhances your organisation’s reputation as an employer that supports active and sustainable travel
- Helps your organisation benchmark active and sustainable travel practices amongst peers
How to apply for the Smarter Travel Mark:
- Fill in the Expression of Interest form and you will be contacted by the Smarter Travel team.
- Attend an information webinar explaining the steps to achieving the Smarter Travel Mark.
- Submit the application form.
- Prepare for an on-line or on-site audit to verify the application.
- Organisations will be awarded the gold, silver or bronze Smarter Travel Mark certification or receive recommendations for improvement.
For more information on the steps to achieving the Smarter Travel Mark, please review the brochure below: