Forthcoming changes to this webpage: On 21 December 2023 the Department of Public Expenditure, NPD Delivery and Reform published the Infrastructure Guidelines (IGs) setting out the value for money guidelines for the evaluation, planning, and management of public investment projects, including purchase or acquisitions of assets or shareholdings, in Ireland. The Infrastructure Guidelines replace the Public Spending Code. These pages will therefore be updated to reflect the Infrastructure Guidelines over the coming months.
To submit your PSC deliverable for consideration by the Capital Programme Office and by the NTA Board, please send it through your NTA project manager contact point. If you have any questions, please ask to firstname.lastname@example.org
Instructions for submissions
Deliverables for each decision gate should be submitted by programme managers at the NTA to the Capital Programme Office (CPO). On the subject, please state the name of the project, the type of PSC deliverable (PBC, DPBPS, or FBC), and the month for which the approval on the document is sought. In the main body of the mail, please include capital expenditure (capex) and operating expenditure (opex) of the project and the Decision Gate that approval is sought.
The material to be submitted to the CPO for review is as follows:
- Final version of the relevant PSC deliverable seeking Decision Gate (DG) Approval.
- DG1: Preliminary Business Case [PBC];
- DG2: Project Brief and Procurement Strategy [PBPS];
- DG3: Final Business Case [FBC].
- Final version of the documents which TAF also requires submission to the Approving Authority.
- Prior to PBC: Project/Programme Outline Document [POD]
- Between the submissions of the POD and PBC: Longlist Assessment Report [LAR] (only for schemes with estimated total costs over €200m)
- Please note that DG0: Strategic Assessment Report (SAR) is no longer a decision gate. This is replaced by the Project/Programme Outline Document. For the projects for which SAR is in advanced completion status, please refer to below “Transition Period Policy”.
- Please bear in mind that the review will be conducted only on final versions, and not on Drafts. All legible intended appendices should also be submitted accompanying the full report.
An executive summary report is required if the full document is greater than 10 pages. As a general guideline, the executive summary report should be no more than 10% in length of the full document.
Most Common Mistakes in PSC Deliverables
The CPO provides a note that outlines the most common mistakes identified at the PSC review stage and includes advice to mitigate these mistakes.
This list may change from time to time depending on the CPO observations of future PSC reviews.
Transition Period Policy
- The TAF is in effect from 13th June 2023. However, the projects with SAR in advanced completion status may submit it to the CPO for consideration. For details, please contact email@example.com.