The overall GDA Capital Programme is subdivided into four sub-programmes. These are:
- Heavy Rail Sub-programme
- Light Rail Sub-programme
- Integration, Sustainable Transport Measures & Support Sub-programme
The Heavy Rail investment programme comprises funding to Irish Rail in relation to various rail projects. Details of the various heavy rail projects underway can be viewed on their website.
The Light Rail Sub-programme provides funding to Transport Infrastructure Ireland (TII) for the development of Luas projects. Details of the various light rail projects under the remit of the TII can be viewed on their website.
Below are some of the NTA’s ongoing major projects.
The National Transport Authority has published a number of guidance documents to assist in the management of its capital programme. These are:
- Eligible Expenditure Guidelines for Projects funded by the NTA
- Guidelines for the Management of Public Transport Investment Projects delivered by Conventional Procurement
- Guidelines for the Management of Public Transport Investment Projects delivered by Public Private Partnerships
- Project Management Guidelines for Projects funded by the National Transport Authority (up to €20 million in value)
- Cost Management Guidelines for Public Transport Investment Projects