The West Regional Model (WRM) is one of five models that comprise the Authority’s Regional Modelling System.
The WRM covers:
The West Regional model is centred around Galway City and includes 693 zones as follows:
- Total Internal Zones: 693
- Galway City: 138
- Galway County: 201
- Donegal County: 108
- Leitrim County: 27
- Sligo County: 46
- Roscommon County: 48
- Mayo County: 123
- Special Zones: 2
The highway network in WRM consists of:
- 12034 assignment nodes
- 21026 assignment links
- 998 Priority Junctions
- 67 Signalised Junctions
The image shows the bus and rail network for the WRM. The public transport network in SWRM consists of:
- Rail: 66 services
- City Direct: 4 services
- Bus Éireann: 454 services
- Other buses: 168 services
The Development Reports for the WRM can be accessed below.
Please note, appendices are available on request for certain reports.
The following 5 reports are incorporated in the one WRM Development Report – below (attached).
- WRM Zone System Development Report
- WRM Road Model Development Report Final
- WRM Public Transport Model Development Report
- WRM Full Demand Model Calibration Report
- WRM Active Modes Model Development Report