The South West Regional Model (SWRM) is one of five models that comprise the Authority’s Regional Modelling System.
The SWRM covers:
The model is centred around Cork City and includes 788 zones as follows:
- Cork City zones: 148
- County Cork zones: 421
- County Kerry zones: 188
- County Limerick zones: 11
- Waterford zones: 8
- South Tipperary zones: 7
- External zones: 5
- Special zones: 4
The highway network in SWRM consists of:
- 14052 assignment nodes
- 22502 assignment links
- 1712 Priority Junctions
- 203 Signalised Junctions
The image shows the bus and rail network for the Cork City area.
The public transport network in SWRM consists of:
- Rail: 42 services
- Cork City Bus Services: 55 services
- Bus Éireann (non-Cork City): 385 services
- Other buses: 18 services
The Development Reports for the SWRM can be viewed below.
Please note, appendices are available on request for certain reports.
The following reports are incorporated in the one SWRM Development Report – below (attached).
- SWRM Full Demand Model Calibration Report
- SWRM Zone System Development Report
- SWRM Active Modes Model Development
- SWRM Road Model Development Report
- SWRM Public Transport Model Development Report